Monday, June 10, 2013

I am so very angry.

You may ask why the title to this particular blog. Well this is a very personal blog not your run of the mill political rant against tyranny. So stick with me for a few moments and learn why I am in fact so very angry. Imagine a young man raised to be clean and decent, to be upright and faithful to those you choose to partner with. A young man that took personal responsibility to be safe when having intimate relations with the women he chose to partner with. A young man who avoided the peer pressure to be "cool" and never altering his body which is a gift from God. Yep no tattoo or piercing even living and growing up in the 1980's. A young man that made informed and well thought out decisions regarding the health care professionals he chose to allow to practice medicine on him. Living as "Godly" a life as he had the ability to do so even realizing he is a failed sinner. Now after 43 years of playing it safe and doing the right thing he is told that he has been poisoned by those he chose to care for him. His family may be robbed of him. His boys may not have a Father there to watch them win that game, graduate from school, build a life, find their mate. To have to face a wife daily that he may not grow old with. Looking at the worry on the face of a Father that may have to bury his only child. To weekly have to report bad news to his precious friends. All for the neglect and carelessness of a healthcare "professional". All because a poison was introduced into his body not of his choosing or in spite of his careful life of cleanliness and thoughtfulness. Do I have the right to be angry? is this some punishment for the sins I have committed in my life? I have been diagnosed with Hepatitis C. As we go through the steps of typing and finding treatment for it I as that each of you who read this pray. I ask you to pray for those I mentioned above. I do not ever wish to hurt them even with the possible problems with treatment as we desperately seek a cure for this. Pray that this has not ruined my liver so that I can survive the treatments that are available. Pray that those who seek to treat my illness make the best possible decisions. Pray for 3 young boys who desperately need their Father to be there for them. Pray for a wife who should not have to face the future alone. Pray for a Father who does not want to outlive his Son. Pray that the anger does not consume my thoughts. Pray.

2 comments: